Tuesday, October 12, 2010

6-9 puppy dogs

I got moved, and I am sitting with Michele, and he is going to show me how to put the names on my machine without having to type them in.
 
Sandy Anderson is here and looks great.  I saw Susan and told her how good the ad for Harley looked.  She was talking to Dania. I had lunch with Loretta White, and JR just came by.  Darlene Ghiglari came by to get a candy bar.
 
They are starting to gather at the end of the ring. I talked to Kent for a minute and did get to hug Jammie, who always looks great, and does today too.  I see Bob Grady in the ring now in a green jacket with an orange and blue tie. He is talking to Max now.  I won't be sitting at the announcer's table this year, that might be a good thing.  Rick Whelker is on a camera. I heard from Tedi that she is on line with the video and feels like she is at a national.
 
No pomp, the show is starting. Gloria came by for a hug and she looks like she is relaxed.  Dave Coleman walked by to say hello, and it is starting to feel like a real show.  I saw Sherrie Moses, not Jimmie yet, she said hello, but was walking by. I think she has a dog in the first class.
 
I talked to Liz and Robert. They made the trip in nine hours. They have a new Mercedes and therefore don't have to worry about speed limits, or at least that is what they said.
 
The workers for the center are from the jail which is next door. They all have green t-shirts that say the jail on it. I asked if they would sell them and they said yes. I told them to check with the warden, that could be a problem.
 
There they go into the ring.  Ben Bignoria is outside and first in is Joanne and I see Jeff and also only five in the class. They have set up the ring with a hall between the ring and the outside for double handling and the doublers are able to go around the whole ring.
 
They have the ring opened and that seems a bit big, but Joanne cuts the ring, but Jody doesn't. There Richard Sottile standing ringside watching.  Miss Karen Taylor came by and I did talk to Bret, I had sent him a book and he is reading it.  Karen Wagner told me she reads my posts, but still likes me. She is looking for duct tape to mark where the dogs should stand.
 
Jammie is doing the individuals, and since I am sitting with Michele, I will just tell you the winners, as he has the catalog on line for every to see. Erin and Nancy Nellis stopped by, not together, but now they seem to be watching the ring, I think they have a puppy in there.
 
More individuals, and they are puppies, so they don't all stand as well as the owners hopped they would.  Bob Moore came by to say good morning.  I see the photographers are here, Michale and Sharon. They did a great job last year and so they are back.  Michael is saying it is darker this year. I love what Laurie has posed, that is one good looking young male.  He started to fidget, but then settled down. The pup is clean both ways and being overhandled with a duck call.  I can see why the handlers get the big bucks, and I like that puppy on th sidegate, if the owner would leave him alone.  But, what fun would that be?
 
No crowd reaction yet, everyone seems to be chatting.  Tony is sitting alone at the announcer's table. He probably likes that better than having me there.  Sherrie is trying to get Kent's dog, not in the ring, fired up.  He has an all black that looks like something special, so far.
 
Keven Renolds is here with his truck, so the food is going to be good. I see Tiffany is trying to get a dog up that is in the ring, but I can't tell which one it is.  They line up against the white wall and they run the other side. She moves Jeff in front, and she looks at the last three, and puts Jodie in third and Laurie in fifth.
 
Jamie takes the last three around, evidently she doesn't see what I do, but perhaps it is because she is so much smarter than I am. I see Cindy Tellefson talking to Cheryll Brocket.  Cheryll liked what I did with the foliards, and the dogs are set in position as Jamie looks them and walks back.
 
There they go and some shouting and yelling now, some applause and they are taking a half ring pass and stop.  Jamie walks to them and looks athe the number two dog and then number one and back to number two. Now number three, and then back to the number one, she feels the back on the first two and stands back. She tells them to take the first two around, and dthere they do, Jeff in front the Jodie, and they both are nice puppies.  Jamie walks to the group with no changes, and stands back.  And there they go, and that's the way it is.
 
1.  RANITA'S DEXTER MORGAN
2.   KORVETTES ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH
3.  BRIDGELADY-HILLDISE'S THE MAYOR
4.   RANITA'S I AM IRONMAN V CHALLENGE HAUS
 
Now on to the next class.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together