Friday, October 15, 2010

Early in the morning

I am here an hour before the show starts and loving it.
 
There are maybe 12 people milling about, Bobbie is here with me early every morning to get his equiptment set up and so is LanaLee.  They clean this place every nice and each morning it looks like new. There is a prison next door and the inmates are here all day.  They wear green T-shirts so you can tell them from us free folks, and they say prisoner on the back. I asked if they could sell them, and they are going to check with the warden. 
 
The big issue on the List seemed to be the Novice Bitch class. Sandy Anderson just came by and introduced me to Myra Johnson from North Carolina, and she is here at her first National.  But, I digress.  I was about ten feet from the judging when Bob did the Novice Bitch class.  I talked to some of the owners, and others and everyone saw different things. But, only one person was next to the bitch and only one person got our votes to judge our National. That person made a decision and as he told me, it was not easy to do. But, I think whatever he did, he was honest about it, and so I give him a lot of credit. There are going to be times when you judge when you have to do something you know is going to cause a problem, but a great judge will do the right thing.
 
And, that's all I have to say about that.
 
I picked up Steve Barbash to ride over with me, he is also San-Wife. Dave Coleman is talking to me and he is having a good time. He is going over to Kevin's coach to see if he is open yet, and Kevin has great food in that trailor.  I see Bill Leonard and he is sitting next to me now. 
 
Last night I ate with Barbara and Stacy, and then we met Flower Boy and his group Collette and Ed Hill came by to talk and so we may talk a bit today. Judy Tiedel was with us and Tony is here and so is Kent.
 
We were talking about the video and I think it should be open to the public.  There goes Sharon Ivy and so moe people coming in.  Kent came up to talk to us and he is dressed to show and has a Harley Davidson jacket on.   Everyone seems to be getting ready so I will climb down from the top bleachers and go get ready for another day of dog shows.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together