Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Utah before the show before the show

Here we are, and there is sod. The arena is big, and I do mean big. Comfortable seats, a bit cold, but a large dark green sod arena, from end to end. They have me on the floor, and I have a table.  I sw Rick Olowski already and it seems they are getting me a chair. That is a good thing.
 
When I got up the morning I felt that I might not know anyone, and have no one to hand with. Tedi stayed home with the puppies, and I wondered if I would know anyone here. Then I went down for the free breakfast, and I ran into Twyla with The Great Patron, and she let me walk him for just a bit. Then JR came by and The Famous Linda Battistoni laughed her way into the room. Paula was there and so was Laurie Beauleh.   Scotty from San Diego and I talked for a bit, and so, maybe I will know some of these people.
 
It is an hour before the show and the vendors are setting up.  There is no noise yet, but from the feel of the arena, it is going to be another great National.
 
Each year I try not to reflect on the prior ones, as it always seems that I get them confused.  It appears that LanaLee has a plethora of camera people, and the cameras are on the West side of the ring, one at each end. On the wall opposite where I will sit, the East side, (don't hold me to those directions) is a white wall, but lower than before. It think it is about four feet high, enough for almost all of our dogs, unless they are over 48 inches.  A few might be.
 
I have been here before and I remember the drive to Utah, and an hour and a half plane flight is much better. But, if I ever do this again, I will come in earlier. I got in about midnight last night, and I should have taken an earlier flight. But, the car rental was at the airport and it was an easy time.
 
A few people are now starting to come in, and I see some others setting up tripods for cameras.  The very first row of seats are covered and taped down. I don't know the reason, but it might be to keep the isles clear. There is about six feet from the first row of seats, (not benches) to the bars around the ring and then about a five foot drop to the floor, if anyone drops.  They have sawdust from the edge of the sod to the ring, and then a yellow rope around the three sides.  It is time for me to go help set up the vendors, so more to come.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together