Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday before the show

I just had breakfast with JR, Dave Coleman and Louie.  It is cold here, but they say it is going to warm up again.  We were trying to solve all the problems of the dog world, and we got through most of them. There are few that we still need to work on.
 
This show is missing Joan Fox, and now and then she would even bring Murray, my favorite person.
 
I got a call from Paula, she wanted to ride over with me, so I get to see Harley again. Bill Bergraff said that Harley Davidson the motorcycle company might sponsor the World Trials. I always thought of Harley Davidson as the German shepherd of the motorcycles.  That should be a good fit.
 
I did get to say a few words to Trish last night, and I saw Jammie. She did another great job of judging. The entry was small, but the quality was good.  And she always makes it look like she is having a good time.
 
The ring is large, and they have sawdust on the edges so the dust is minimal. The footing looks good and no one has complained.  I am sorry we don't have Kirk her, and even more so without Summer, she would  have had a great time at the National.  There are a lot of people waiting to see her, not so much Kirk.
 
It is strange to be at a National without a dog.  Paula lets me visit Harley now and then, so that helps.  Today I have to pick up 14 seat tickets, and only Tedi knows who they go to. So, I may just ignore it.  There are plenty of seats without reserving them.  And with the smaller entry, I doubt it will be a problem.  I saw Kathy Potter yesterday and did get to congratulate her, and I can't wait to see how the dog looks this year.
 
This should be a great day with all the Futurity/Maturity and young dogs.  I can leave in another 14 minutes.
 
I watch the miners being saved from the mine. Am I so crazy that I saw it like whelping a litter. The first one came out alive, yeah. Now another one, and another, and they are all breathing and strong.  I wonder if anyone there feels that way?
 
Yes, I am one weird old dude.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together