Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Best of Breed on Tuesday

Now the open bitches and another exciting class.  Five, WOW!
 
Peggy Kurtz came by and said hello to Twyla and me.  I feel so important.   Jodie in front, then Jeff, Bill Basu, Olivia and Jennereau.  Only one absent in the class, it is huge, and I don't know how she will handle such a big group.
 
It looks like the biggest class might be Specials.  23 total bitches. The dogs were a five point major so bitches might be the same.    I will have to ask someone who knows, I don't.   Collette Skinner is here checking on the point count, so she is finding out for us.  It is five points in bitches too.
 
There are two blacks in here, unless Bill's is a bi. I can't tell from here.  Jamie moved Jeff to second and she looks them over and stands back again.  Now she goes to the front and looks at each do from the front.  One thing we need for this show is large arm bands. From the stands you can't see the numbers. Maybe we need bibs like for the National.
 
That's the winners, and now for Winner's Bitch.
 
1.   FONSECA'S SERENDIPITY
2.   DONSTA'S YOU HAD ME AT WOW
3.  KARIZMAS CHIEFFON VON LOAR
4.  BACKACHER'S LOLA OF DEKEVONY
 
Don Knight just walked over and is talking to Tedi who was talking to Twyla.  Joanna Rand is here and I got to talk to Al, and I will talk to Joanna later.
 
Jammie is working them, and looking over what she has. She has her sleeves rolled up, and into the ring goes Bob Grady to poop scoop. This is one of the high points of the show.  They pose, not Bob, and Jamie takes a look and there goes Donna Callabreze, and I see Georgie standing in front of me, and Jammie is doing the stare and now the walk and there she goes and she isn't done.  Evidently Lana Lee said this is the Open class, but they are from the winners so I guess it is winners. Tedi was talking to Twyla and admitted I was right, it is winners not Open.  Make a note of that, I am so seldom right.
 
I thought Jamie was done, but no, she is still working them. She takes the first three and looks hard, with some crowd involvement.  And that is the Winner's Bitch.
 
WINNER'S BITCH
FONSECA'S SERENDIPITY
 
RESERVE WINNER'S BITCH
 
She pulls the puppy up into fourth, and moves the American Bred Bitch in front. There they go with Bill Basu in front with the American Bred and Jamie is doing the walk, and yes, it is the American Bred Bitch.
 

RESERVE WINNER'S BITCH
AL-MAR'S MAYA
 
Now on to Best of Breed.  Michael Cheeks walked by to wave and in come the champions.
 
Seven specials with Winner's Dog and Winner's Bitch for a mighty class of nine. This is just like a small national. Tish Wyle is here and got here yesterday. I saw Dean a little bit ago.  Jamie took off her shoes, and I didn't notice, but she does seem shorter. 
 
I spent a few minutes talking to Ellen Migliore.  She looks great as always. They are doing the individuals, and a lot of good ones here. Ann Schultz's dog isn't here, and I think a lot of people were looking for him.  It is a quiet as it was this morning, I think maybe people have left.
 
Scottie and I have been talking and he is always so kind.  Another person who never seems to get older.
 
Jamie is going over the dogs and I can't tell who is who, since I can't read the numbers. By now I can't read the screen, which probably explains what I have been sending.  I was just told that Bobbie Kindy is in the air, and will be here tomorrow. Big news.
 
Jamie is working the class, and has them divided into males and bitches.  She works them in groups of three.  There they go. Jamie is still barefoot, and seems to be making a decision. She looks them all over and holds her hands behind her back and takes the males together, four of them. Kent has my favorite, but I can't tell who anyone is because I can't read the numbers.
 
Jamie walks back to look over the bitches and takes the winner's dog and winner's bitch together, and now the bitch specials.
 
She walks over to the group and puts Olivia in front with Fire and Ice and Kent is now in second and Laurie in third, but now she puts Laurie in Second, so I think Laurie has the Winner's dog and will be Best Of Winners and There Is The Walk, and YES, it's:
 
 Best Of Breed
FIRE AND ICE
 
Best of Winners
EDEL'S EDISON
 
Best Opposite Sex
LINDENHILL'S MACHU PICCHU
 
SELECT DOG
SHANTY'S MONTE CARLO
 
SELECT BITCH
YONCALLA'S SOUL SURVIVOR V MERVERN
 
No Best Puppy in the catalog, so I guess the show is over. On to hospitality.  More tomorrow, as far as I know. Tony told me there is no Best Puppy, so he is the MAN and I believe him. The puppy owners seem a bit disturbed.
 
 
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together