Saturday, October 16, 2010

Select Bitches

I came down from On High where I was allowed to spend some time with Dave Rinke. We solved most of the problems of the club, and later we will work on the Middle East.
 
There are 35 bitches in the ring and Barbara is in the building. She is walking the ring looking over the entries and she is wearing black slacks with a white and black jacket. She does look good.  I see Bob Grady has his traditional white suit on, and it is starting to get exciting in here.
 
I saw Helen Gleason today and she bragged on the temperament of Harley Davidson, I guess they used him for the education seminar.  I don't know where they go this many handlers, and I am amazed that I can recognize most of them. 
 
Under Barbara's jacket is a red blouse and she is resplendent in red white and black. A real fashion statement. It looks like there are only three absent, how cool is that?  Barbara is starting to send bitches out of the ring, I assume not permanently.  She is walking over to the table.
 
She kept in the ring eight, and what a line up. Lots of pigment and JR in front, then Art, Mike, The Guz, Bill Tank, Kent, Elizabeth Lenny and Oster the junior.  I don't know Liz's daughters last name, but she is a good handler and runs just like Liz.  Don't depend on me to know the names and also I am nervous about the show. It is as good a group as ever.
 
Canter with JR.  And right away, Barbara tells them to slow down, and it isn't going to be a race. I see Pat Ayres here and he stands next to us.
 
Art has Xenia a good looking sable, and down and back and Barbara has her stacked, and she poses like a pro. Bobbie brought some gold pain to put a spot in the center of the ring, and when he does you can smell it all through the arena.  I asked if he brought me a paper bag so I could sniff it, but he said no.
 
Mikey has Sienna. He mises the spot but stacks her anyway, and Barbara does her thing, and another trip for another bitch.
 
The Guz now takes center stage with Ticklme-elmo.  Teri Miles and Jesse Green, and Teri is in front of me. She is doing so much better in health and I am so pleased to see that. I can't get used to Jerry with the gray, and he primps with his brush, and off he goes.
 
Bill Tank with N'EJM Encore.  I see Bob Funk helping double her and I have watched her for years now. 
 
Kent brings out Madeira and Sherri is here to double handle and confirmed for Zoe who she is.  I do love that look and Kent looks happy and there they go.  That is way more style than I am used to. I think that may be a keeper.
 
Elizabeth comes in with Ubetcha, and she is looking for someone outside the ring, but stands for the individual just fine. Karen Taylor is here she must have something coming up.
 
Joanne Conboy has a good looking son standing next to me and wanted me to say hello to his mom.  So, I do as I am told.
 
Frank Fasano just came by running because Lenny is in the ring with Remembears.  Frank and Kris have developed such a type and so much style. The crowd loves that bitch.
 
That's a keeper and Lenny moves up to second behind Mike with Sienna.  And Lenny is in third with Remembears. 
 
Leanna New's daughter comes out with Blonde Bombshell. What a great handler and what a good looking bitch for an almost black sable.
 
Barbara tell The Gux to move into third and Kent to Fourth.   She says to take them again, but take them slow, and off they go. Barbara stops them all and looks over the group and she walks towards them and tells something to Bill Tank and stands next to him and wants to see his bitch down and back. He does as he is told.   Barbara leaves her where he is.
 
Barbara says make a very small ring, cut it in half and then stand off with them.  They take them and they bunch up, and hug the white wall and then pose againa dn she moves Blond Bombshell into fifth.
 
Now out comes the new group.  Bob (The Voice Of The National) comes to sit with me and already gets a phone call. He is relaxing and has to do Juniors later.
 
Barbara has a new lineup Joanne with Zyeata, then Bill Basu with Blackberry, then Laurie with Happysaysitall, then Liz with Kellie Sharlanna Limerick, Abby with Lookaliker (select last year), Art with Kiwi, and they are all mixed up now so I don't know the order.
 
Joanne took a lap, and now Bill has Blacberry.  And I see Tom with his bells.  She just finished and is an all black as the name indicates.
 
Laura has Happysaysitall and is going to be popular.  She was a high select last year. Barbara says, "cut the ring".  She doesn't do it. 
 
Kelly has 2muchbling.  Another pass.
 
Liz takes Kellie around and she looks good too. That is not going to be an easy job for Barbara I think she moved her in front. 
 
Now Scotty has Lolitta and you have to see Lauren's pink jacket. I would wear that. She is being doubled by Joey so he must have something to do with her, and Scottie takes her around. She puts her in second. Even I saw that direction.
 
Now Sharlonna brings out Limerick. That is Dave Coleman's bitch. We competed in most shows for Best Puppy with Jill who is now owned by Jackie and Tom Pillipont and they will bring her out to finish next year.  I do love this bitch and Sharlonna takes her slow.
 
Lookaliker with Aby and a nice dark sable. I do love that color.  What a great bling jacket.  She stands like arock and it is very quiet in the room, and Pat Ayres is talking to Bob Dresher next to me and I try to listen.  The crowd likes this bitch.
 
They all want to get against the wall and Barbara moves Aby to third. 
 
Now Art with Kiwi, a very dark dog, and she always has been a good one.
 
This is the last one and all the double handlers are in front of me and she moves er to third.
 
Barbara goes down the line looking at each one.  And she says, take them with Liz in front, Scotti, Aby, Art, Jaoanne, and Bill, Laurei, Kelly and Sharlonna in back.  And to the wall with them.
 
Now in comes the second group Sevine in front with a black, then George, Fire with a handler I don't know, Cindy, Nancy, Sean, Greg, and Sergio and Jeff, and that's the group.
 
Kent is here and talking to Zoe, we are trying to remember who the winner's bitch was.  Jeff with The Shadow. (An all black, and that is not the name).  Dirty Look is her name and she is a picture against the wall. I know Barbara does not like this big a ring.
 
George is out there now with Fresca.  George is the only handler to go back to the beginning of the ring and take her all the way with a total loose lead and Barbara wants him to do it again, and George tells the double handler to shut up. Barbara tells him to slow down, and I think she likes her, and tells him to cut the ring in half. I like that bitch.  No placing.
 
Hearts of Fire is out there with Trevor. I will go introduce myself, but I think I should let him finish his turn before I do.  They call her Pepper. I know that since someone is standing in front of me calling her. I don't know why they call during the individuals, but Bob Moore is also giving directions. There she goes. 
 
Cindy takes Akaya. She stacks and Barbara takes a look and checks teeth. She did on the others too, but I didn't think I need to mention it. Another trip around.
 
Nancy runs (first one to do that) to the middle with Sole Survivor.  I have always liked Soki, she is a very dark black and tan, and can cover a lot of ground, and Nancy does as she is told and shortens the ring and she is put in first.  It pay at times to follow directions. That is something Tedi has taught me.
 
Saleen is there with Sean now.  Zoe is helping me with the names of the bitches and the crowd is behind this bitch.  He goes to second.
 
Greg comes out with Deville.  This is the next to the last one and she is moving right along. I think she knows what she is doing. Barbara says "easy" and he slows her down. That is a good one, but she doesn't do anything.
 
Sergio has the last in this group with Laila Ali.  She does the teeth, as she is wont to do, and sends him/her around.  They take a pass and the crowd is behind this bitch too, and I see why.
 
OK, I was wrong out comes Jeff with I Get Around. Barbara lets them hold the lead on the loose lead temperament test, but she can see easily who is sound.  No problems except for one. Jeff takes his lap.  Another crowd favorite.  She moves up to second.  Barbara looks them over and moves Sean to first on standing and she moves down the group and pufs out her cheeks and moves Sevin to second and she moves down the group and says move around the whole ring, easy, and there they go.  She repeats EASY.  Barbara looks good.  She moves Trevor to third.
 
Out comes the fourth group.  It is less than an hour and we are almost done with the groups. 
 
Jimmie in front, with Katerina, (everyone knows I love that bitch), then Olivia Fire And Ice, then Doll House, Alex, then Art, Jodie, Christie, Ben and Leslie and out there is my favorite.
 
Jimmie showed her to me and I gave her a Best Of Breed.  There she goes and she works well with Jimmie. Kent showed her to me.
 
Now it is Fire and Ice with Olyvia, I had to get it from Donna, Zoe was talking to someone else, and she is on probation for giving me names. She is too social and everyone wants to talk to her. Not so much me. Bob Moore is talking next to me and is waiting to double again.
 
Now Doll House, the Granger's bitch. I don't know her, but I do like the breeding.  She is clean coming and going, and it is right in front of me.  
 
Alex with a move-up and she stand well.  It is Thin Mint.  There she goes. Am I the only person who is bored?  You don't have to answer that.
 
Art with Xanadu.  A dark sable. Mike Cheeks is sitting with me and watching.  Another run.
 
It is Serrendipy with Jodie.  There she goes.
 
Pochahontas is out there with Christy, and Ray Johnson just came by for a minute.  That's a nice bitch but Barbara isn't impressed.
 
Jenny From The Block with Ariel.  She has always been a favorite of mine and I am also fond of her owners.  She was also in Veterans too.  So is the next one.
 
Now Magnolia with Ben. She was too wild in Veterans yesterday but they calmed her down and she stand for the individual. Ben makes Barbara laugh but I couldn't hear what he said. Barbara looks fresh out there and I doubt it is going to be a problem. 
 
Leslie comes up with the Winner's Bitch Aquilla. She isn't finished by certainly has both majors. The crowd is behind her and she takes a like pass.  That's the last one.
 
Barbara blows out her breath and stand and moves the winner's bitch to the front, and she walks down the line and takes Christie with Pochahonatas to third so it is Leslie, Jimmie and Christie. There they go. Barbara has not missed a thing and is as good as I have ever seen her, and they go to stand off again.
 
Now the real stuff. Barbara is in conference with her ring stewards, Karen and Bob and they seem to have it resolved and I heard Bob call the first group back.  Zoe is starting to get sick of me yelling at her, and I wonder how Paul will hold up.
 
There they are, Mike, Lenny, The Guz, Kent, The Oster Child, JR, Channing, Bill and Elizabeth.
 
Karen comes out with the book to check. No cheating this year. That is a shame. It is always fun to trick the judge.  Barbara returns and tells them something I can't hear an dthey do seem to listen and I do hear, "slow down" and off they go. Mike in front with Sienna.  He does slow done, and Barbara yells at the top of her lungs, "SLOW DOWN". AND SHE MOVES Kent to second Lenny in front with Remembears.
 
Barbara says there are a lot of lovely bitchs and she has to nit pick but it doesn't mean they aren't great, and she says one at a time and a half a ring.  Lenny says shhhh and Barbara says half a ring and he doesn't do it.  But the crowd is behind him She sayd sto Ken, cut the ring.  Now Midiera  with him in second. He slows down. Mike with Sienna, and he slows down too.  The Guz with Ticklemelmo.  Not much going on there but she is so stylish and now the Osler girls and Barbara say cut it in half, and few of the handler listen to her. Now JR, Channing, Bill Tank, and Elizabeth. These at the end are probably going nowhere. 
 
Barbara picked the best already and so these are just another chance to sparkle, not happening.
 
So it is Lenny, Kent, Mike and The Guz. 
 
I am blocked by the double handlers and I don't think I can ask them to move. Barbara is looking  at some back sand at the end of her line and she says OK, cut the ring, and this is going to be it.  She says, "easy please, stop racing". And there they go.
 
Barbara sent them out and brings in the next group, and brings in the next group. Liz, Scottie, Abby,k Art, Joanne, Bill, Lorrie, Kelly and Sharlonna. 
 
She says take them around again and off they go.  First Kelli, Lolitta, Lookaliker, Kiwi, Zyeata, Blackberry, Happysaysitall, Too Much Bling and Limerick. They take a pass one at a time.
 
Barbara isn't placing anything yet, and so they stay in position and they have learned to slow down.  Barbara looks them over and says to put them aside again. I am not sure she likes any of them.
 
Now in comes the third group. 
 
Jeff, Nancy, Savain, Sean, George, Tevor, Cindy, Gregg and Sergio.
 
Barbara tells them to take them around. My fingers are tired. I Get Around, Sole Survivor, Dirty Look, Saleen, Fresca, Hearts of Fire, Akaya, Deville, Laila Ali,
 
They each go one time and Barbara has a look on her face that says she is underwhelmed. I think she was blown away by the first group.  She moves over to watch one going away and nods her head. Now she is looking at each of them going away and again, blows out her breath, with her hands behind her back. Even the crowd is not impressed.  Sort of a slow day right now.
 
No changes for the first time, ao it is not much to watch.  She moved Fire in front of George into fifth, Best Of Dump.
 
Now the fourth class with Winner's Bitch in front Aquilly with Leslie.  That is one good looking bitch and the dog looks good too. Don't tell Leslie I said that, but I like her pink jacket. And she takes them with Aquilla in front then Jimmie Katrina in second.  There are three sisters in the Special Bitch Class Katrina and her two sisters. I think one is the bitch I put up when I gave Katrina her BOB. 
 
She wants to look at Serindipity in Fourth, I don't have time to spell them, Barbara again tells them to cut the ring and there goes Leslie with the Winner's Bitch and the crowd loves that and now Katrina with Jimmie.  Each one on their own.
 
IT IS UP TO ZOE, NATURE CALLS.
 
This group has winner's bitch, move ups and veterans.  wow.
She just moved Pochahontas behind quilla.  All else stays the same. Nobody has been cut yet.
 
I BACK.  I KNOW HOW UPSET THAT MAKES YOU.
 
No cuts yet and in comes the next group with Kellie in front with Liz.  Go back and look if you need more information.  Scottie is in second with Lolita then Art with Kiwi and a bunch more that probably aren't going anywhere.  Barbara goes over to the last five and talks to them and the first part of the class left. Everyone is laughting with Joanne in front, Bill, Laurie, Joanne and Sharlonna..  And there are some new people in front of them now none of us know what is going on.  Barbara is talking now to the other group that seems to be standing in front of the end of the last group and she is saying something to JR, and he laughs, and I am sure they know what she is saying.  There are 15 in there from different groups and I have no idea why. Barbara goes over to the table and brings in more bitches.  She has an idea what she is doing, but we don't.
 
If I had to guess, and I am always right, I would think she is bringing in the end of each class and is having her "cut" bitches in the ring.  Now 18 in there, and lots of double handlers in front of me, moving away and there goes the first eight   Dreams are about to be brokena nd she tells them to stop.  To the corner with them. But, they get to keep the bibs for a while.
 
Now another group, Mike Cheeks says this is the cut group and they are tying to get saved. I don' think there is much chance for them, Barbara is not impressed. She talks to them all, and off they go to get ready for Kansas.  She knew what she was doing, it is just we didn't.
 
I have to say, when those were in and I watched them, I have to agree with her. Everyone got a good look, and now we find out who remains.  I figure we have 20 left.  I will
know in a minute. They would still be in the order she set them with Lennie in front. I guess I won't say much until something happens. They are lined up facing me, so all the double handlers are here. 
 
I went over to count and I was close, 19.  Some beautiful bitches in there and the first three aren't going to be the top three, but one of them probably will be our Grand Victrix.  Remembear Me, Madiera, but now she start Aquilla went to third.  Zoe is having trouble seeing and all I can see is the backs of people. I need to be up higher. Each takes a pass. Zoe is standing with a bad knee.
 
She moved Pocahontas to fourth. Katrina is in fifth right now.  The crowd is alive and Barbara watches each of them. Lots of noise, and maybe for Males I will go up in the stands. I can't see anything. Sorry, but I hope you see it on the video.
 
Kelly, Aquilla, Remembear, Madiera, Encore, Pochantis, Katrina, Fire And Ice, Siena, Lolitta, Ticklemelmo, Kiwi, I Get Around.
 
She moves thenone at a time, and Aquilla moves in front. It is exciting and the crowd is going wild, and Barbara looks great,a nd she looks at her group for Madiera and she brings her to fourth, and MNJ Encore, Pochantas, Katrina, WOW, Fire and Ice, Sienna, Lolitta, (I don't think there are going to be any changes), and Ticklemelmo, Look Aliker, Kiwi,  Get Around, Serendipity, Sole Surviver, Dirty Look,   That's it, 17 in there.
 
Everyone has hopes and Barbara excuses only four and now there are 13.   I think they might all go select, that is a fantastic goup and Barbara is up to the front and lots of people out of the race and she walks down the line with her hands behind her back. 
 
ONE TIME AROUND, she says.  The winner's Bitch in front Aquilla,a nd Barbara looks them over and the crowd is as loud as I have ever heard at a National, and they seem to bunch up at the end and Barbara walks down to the front and she moves Remembears and Madiera to fouth. Barbara goes don the line and talks to each handler.  That is a pretty lineup and I would take any of them home.
 
Barbara looks strong and nods her head, and says to take them around again, and she is walking faster and puffing and she walks again and againand she watches them and YES that's it.
 
1.   WOLFCREEKS AQULLA OF MERIVERN
2.   CH CHAMPION WINSOMES LOVE REMEMBEARS
3.  CHAMPION KARIZMA'S MADEIRA VON LOAR
4.  CHAMPION KALEEFS KELLI V MERIVERN
5.   CH EKO-LAN N'EJM'S ENCORE
6.   CH REGENCY'S POCHAHONTAS  V KRIDLER
7.  CH KALEEF'S KATERINA V KENLYNN
8.  CH SCHARO ARK FIRE AND ICE
9.   CH HI CLIFF SIENNA KALEEF
10.  CH JOGRA'S LOLITA LEMPICKA
11.  CH JAGAN-KARAGIN-MITERHAUM TICKLE-ELMO
12.  CH STONEWALL'S LOOKALIKER
13.  Ch TALIMAR'S AVIANA'S KIWI TEBE NOBE
 
That was exciting, but I doubt Zoe will ever do this again. After lunch for the males I will burn out Paula.  Amazing 14 Selects and shades of Ed Barritt. She could have boen 20 deep, but did a tremendous job. What a group of bitches.
 
The Grand Victrix is Winner's Bitch and those are her first points. So we have a Grand Victrix not a champion. 
 
WHAT A SHOW, WHAT EXCITEMENT, AND WHAT A CROWD.
 
On to the dogs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together