Saturday, October 16, 2010

Musing from the top of the day

What a national this has been. The mood is upbeat each day, everyone is having a good time, or so it seems.  A lot has to do with Bill Bergraff who is everywhere making sure everything goes smoothly.
 
The weather is perfect and the grounds are so convenient that you can go see whatever you want at any time. The prison next door sends over some of the short timers to clean the arena each day and to continue to pick up trash.  They wear green t-shirts identifying them as prisoners. I won't name names, but someone bought a green t-shirt from one of the prisoners. I can't say who it was because Kim Schooly's husband has to get out of town before the warden finds out.
 
Last night I saw some dogs that are going to be sensational today in the ring. And, I talked to Barbara about what she wants to see, and even who she expects to see.  She is ready and able to do a great job for us, and I anticipate just that.
 
There are so many that are not here, that I miss, Diane Brown, Tom and Vivian, Fran Ford, The Grangers, Randy Chestnut, Jane Kerner, Jack Newton, Pam Stoesser, Tedi, (of course), and too many others that I enjoy seeing each year. I do wonder if the video will discourage attendance in the future?   I hope not, because the mood,the atmosphere, the general feelings are something that can't be felt without being here.
 
The morning is still dark, but the air is chilly, clear and filled with promise.  For the first time ever I took some time this morning to read my Blog.  I too enjoyed it, and that surprised me.
 
It is time to get ready to rumble, and I might take a train, I might take a plane, but if I have to walk, I'll be there just the same. Kansas City, here I come.  And I still am an hour from the Big Show.
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together