Friday, October 15, 2010

Winner's Dog

 
Barbara said to say hello to Joan Huber, and so I do what I am told.  We both wish she were here, but I know Barbara will do her great job as ususal.
 
Ray Johnson just handed me the 1953 National Specialty Show Catalog.  I have to take some time to look at it.  I wonder if I can find my picture in there. I was three at the time.  The Guz is hugging Barbara now and that is a picture.
 
Michel has the complete results up on the site, so if you didn't get it here, you can get it there.
 
It is fun to sit with Barb, everyone who is important is coming by to say hello. 
 
I watched the Parade Of Greats, and it brought a few tears.  I loved seeing Magnolia looking like a puppy, and also of course Black Orchid with hair.  Even looking better.
 
They are up to Winners, so I am going to get Paula to help me post what is going on.  Everyone is waiting and they are bringing in the males.  Dan Dwier is here talking to Barbara, and I am trying to listen to learn something new.  Hunter brought Ken Tank by to look at the 1953 catalog. 
Everyone is waiting and they are gathering, and Dan is at the ready ring. 
 
They are in the ring, and stacked in the middle so we can see them all. That is a great lineup, and Barbara is telling me what she thinks, but now about the class.
 
Dan walks down the line with his hands in his pockets, They takie a pass with Nancy then Trish, Kent, Scottie Liz and George.  Dan is taking them each down and back.  Karen Taylor came by and it is fun listening to Barbara.  He moved the 12- 19 Dennis the Menace.  I can't see to where, and he is in second place behind the open dog. Barbara went out there to see and let me know. I have so much help with Paula and Barbara.  Plus they make me look good sitting here.
 
The 6-9 puppy gets some applause.  Dan pats Mike on the back. I think they like being there. A winner at the national. And there they go one at a time, Nancy with the Dog.  Kent with Promise Keeper.  Barbara is reading over my shoulder, and now Liz with the black dog Nigeria and Dan is looking at the all black and he leaves her there.  Scott with Dennis the Menace.  Dan looks over the class.  Trish with Gideon, and she stays there and now Dan moves her to behind Kent.  There goes the Bred By Dog Year Of the Gentleman.  Dan ois looking them over and he moves Year of the Gentleman up two places and there goes Mike with Phoenix Rising.  That's the lot of them.
 
They stack and Dan walks t the front, and walks down the line looking them over. There they go and the crowd likes the order with the Open Dog in front but Dan is looking them all over and he says to stop over here, and he grabs Year Of the Gentlemen into second and moves another and IT IS THE OPEN DOG, LASLER'S LEAGUE OF HIS OWN OF SOMERSET ROSE, winner's dog on Tuesday too, Roxanne Labra's first dog.  She is crying and has hopes for tomorrow.
 
Now on to Reserve.  The second Open Dog comes in and takes her place.  Merlin comes in for Reserve with Lindsey.   He looks the dog over well and goes to the front of the ring and calls them out and puts her in second.  There they go with Year of The Gentleman in front.  The crowd likes the 12 foot lead and Dan looks at them and takes a hard look at them all nd is looking at Ken and puts him in second with Promise Keeper and Denise The Menace in third and they stack and Dan looks them over from the other side and talks to them and walks between the dogs and down to the end of the line and says, take them around.  There they go, and Dan turns and gives it to YEAR OF THE GENTLEMAN.
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together