Friday, October 15, 2010

The tail end, and the extras

I took a break and it is hot outside. I am back for the extra stuff, but I know some are into it, so since I too am a veteran, I will report on that too.  I understand they will be video of the stampede after the show, so stick around.  Norma is talking to Barbara, and so I have to move over.
 
We are ready and there goes the Veteran Dogs. First in the ring is Cindy with Winter Nights, The JR with Jag, Kent with Bad Boy and Sharlonna with Dream Boat. What memories they provide. Winter Nights is out of our Tequella bitch, and a special in my heart.
 
Only four, and there they go, not looking old at all.  Winter nights goes out there and looks so happy to be there. He knows how to stack, but I guess by now, he should. I know Laurie loves the hell out of him and I watched him from a puppy.  His call name is Gus, and he always remembers me.  Tedi would love to see him, and I know he is on the video so she can enjoy him but in person he looks great. 
 
Now JR has Jag who is owned out our way by Joe Mazel.  I have watched him for years too.  I don't know where the years have gone, and it seems just a year or so ago they were being shown.  Sharlonna went out of order, and Kent is still looking to see what happened. She has Dream Boat, another California local dog.  He always has been a handsome sable dog, and looks like a youngster.
 
Kent is very patient to let her go, and stands with Bad Boy. He also looks good, almost nine, (February).  That is a picture posed and I would go with him. 
 
Winter Nights is in great condition.  Dan has them take a lap. It is interesting that they have had an open ring all week, no breaks for the youngsters or the oldsters. Even at Denny's they have a senior menue.
 
Bad Boy goes around last and now Sharlonna. I think he took two together then one and one. Strange but it seems to be what the handlers are doing.
 
He puts Gus in front, then Bad Boy and walks down the line to look at heads. Gus has a great head and is so alert, and Sheryll is doing a great job to keep him up. There they go with Gus leading YES it's GUS, BAD BOY, JAG AND DREAM BOAT.
 
That is great for Lorrie who owns the dog is such a great lady, and we were so proud of what she did with our little puppy.
 
No older Veteran Dogs, so we go directly to 7-9 Veteran Bitches. There are some bitches in there that peak my interest, one is Dixie Chick, a bitch I have always loved.
 
There is a delay and I got to talk to Terri Miles Green for a minute and she is looking great.There goes Caisson Pax, then Dixie Chick, Exodia, Legally Blond, Spider Woman, Tanqueray, Jenny From The Block an and Zoom Zoom.
 
I have always loved Dixie Chick, but there are some great bitches out there.  What a great looking group of older ladies.
 
Bob takes them around and that brings tears to my eyes.  He stands back and wants them to take another pass. In front is Liz's daughter who runs just like Liz.  Pax looks great with her.
 
There she goes and Laurie is on the phone with Tedi for her big win.  Evidently Tedi missed it, but Laurie is excited enough for all three of us. I am still grinning.
 
Now Dixie Chick and Alex has her.  Exodia is out there with Eric.  A dark bi or maybe not.  Legallly Blond with an equally blond handler.  Channing is out there with Spider Woman.  Jenny From The Block with Sharlonna, and she is in good shape, the bitch and Sharlonna. 
 
I told Barbara I miss Susan, her daughter.  Jenny From The Block is there with Cindy.  Zoom Zoom with Kelly.  Leslie came by to talk to Barbara.  There they go, and a good group, not that many that look old.
 
Bob watches them and eight in there moving like they think they are in the puppy class. Of course, so do I.  Think, that is.   Another temperament test on one bitch and Jenny From the Block in first then Zoom Zoom then Legally Blond, then Tanqueray.  Good group and good choice. He calls it that way.  JENNY FROM THE BLOCK, ZOOM ZOOM, LEGALLY BLOND, TANGUERY.
 
9 and older, last chance for Dan, then Barbara takes over.
 
First is Ch Da-Lyn's Hylock Joy Stuttgart, the Ch Magnolia, and then Ch Happyanunoit,. Every one of them is a super star, and always was, and I don't know how many Select Bwo Time Select AOE Magnolia.  I have watched her from her puppy class, and it is strange to see her at this age, looking like she always was.  Now there is a crowd pleaser.  Listening to The Guz and Barbara is a real trip.
 
Maggie in front then Happy and they are two.  That's it, STEEL MAGNOLIA, HAPPY AND JOY.
 
On to Best Puppy
 
Barbara has entered the ring.  She picks the raffle ticket and we have a winner for $735.00.  Barbara looks great but hasn't lost a step. We enjoyed talking and she is always good for a joke or a laugh. She does at time take me too seriously, but lots of people do that.
 
In come the puppy winners. I did like the bitches more than the males, but so far, no one has asked me, so I guess it is up to Barbara. She is also going to do the Best Bred By.  Iza won the raffle, and just in time to pay for drinks for everyone.
 
Only four in there, go figure.  Not much interest here, but it is early.  I have no plans for after the show, so let's drag it out. They all went around, and now it is all up to Barbara.  I think she has made up her mind, but the looks them over again and wants some more side gait.  There they go.  Best Puppy is SHARO'S PHOENIX RISING V DELRAY WOLFCREEK Best Opposite is MARINER'S SMOOTH AS SILK.
 
Best Opposite Sex is a New York dog and his call name is Rizer, not with a "s". That is important to Linda, so it is important to me.
 
All that is left is Best Bred By.  Then the Big Rumble In The Middle free for all. I always felt the Friday evening in the ring with everyone running with no grooming and no judge. It gives everyone a chance to see what is real, with no pressure on anyone.
 
Best Bred By WINDFALL'S YEAR OF THE GENTLEMAN.
 
Well, that's it for the show, before the show. Just fun stuff now, up to Saturday morning.  Thanks for listening. I am exhausted, but it has been a lot of fun.
 
 
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together