Thursday, October 14, 2010

American Bred Dogs

I got to talk to Kathleen Steen, and she is with Jimmie and The Guz right now. I talked to the camera people and said we need more closeup on movement, but it seems if you zoom in too fast, it makes the picture blur, and they go by too fast.
 
Tony is sitting with me now, so we do get to talk for a minute. He said for American Bred Bitches eight are entered and so far only five have picked up.
 
I did get to go work the crowd for a minute, and sat with Flower Boy, so now my national is complete.   Things are slow now waiting for American Bred.  I just talked to Dan over by the photographer, so he is not at ring side.  Gloria Rice came by for a minute.
 
It isn't the same without Ed Barritt, but he told me he wasn't going to come.  They are ready to go, so here we go. This is a small class, but Bitches are much bigger.  Dan came by and said he wants to drag the five out to finish the afternoon.  Norma is talking to me about her dogs, and says she would have made it a bigger class.
 
Maureen Charlton came by and there they go into the ring.
 
First is Ken Tank, then Channing Sheets, Kent Boyles, Liz, another and Tish then Georgie. Dan is making fun of me because I said only five picked up. All eight are there.  I see some I like a lot, let's see what they do in movement.
 
Dan walks down the line and looks at them stacked. All the double handlers are in front of me.
 
Houston, we have a problem.  But, there are more dogs to place.
 
I have been off talking to Bob, (The Voice Of The National), and he reminded me that Kathy Steen is who got him started announcing, and then convinced him to get a judging licence.   So that may be why she is here. I think I will go talk to Bob some more, so I will put Zoe to work. She ate lunch and has nothing else to so.
 
Another individual pass around the ring for the dogs in the second group. Moved them to a bew order 383, 385, 384, 386.
Group one was 382, 379, 380, 381
DAN SAID ALL THE DOGS ARE EXCELLENT.
Group one goes around the ring for anther pass.
He leaves them in that order, and walks down the line of stacked dogs, eying them critically.
 
Now 382 is up front, 383, 385, 384, 380, 386, 379 and 381
 
Double handlers are racing to the far end of the ring.
 
385 moved in front of 383
 
DOUBLE HANDLERS RACE BACK TO THE OTHER END
 
Bob left me so I am back and so I have the keyboard. Boy they sure can go fast, and Dan is looking at this first four, and he sends them back and now his winners, four.
 
In front is Liz with Mtn Dare Devil.  I like that dog and she takes off and now is in second to Gideon.  Dan stands them aside and looks at the other two, Iron Man and Barbaro with Lindsey.  The crowd likes that dog a lot, and so do I. Lee Bellah has him.  Barbaro goes into second, and still four.  Now back to the out four, and Dan stands to watch and Kent is in the last place, nothing he is used to, but so is George in this group, led by Channing. Dan stops them and looks them over and stamps his foot. I have no idea why, and gives them a brief and I mean a brief look.  We just had a thundering herd of doublers go by. 
 
The crowd is wild now and there they go, and no, he stops them and moves Channing up and that's it.
 
1.   DEPAHL'S GIDEON V HEINERBURG
2.   LENLOR'S IRON MAN OF AZUMA
3.   JOVON'S BARBARO PADALA LEALYNN
4.   SCARAB'S JACK BAUER TEBE NOBE
 
Loreen just came by and slapped the table and made me jump. It started my heart, not always a good thing.  Michel came back, Zoe left to check the entries and I did get them in time to put it on the tape.  Now we move to the biggest class of the day.  Bob (TVOTN) and I talked most of the class, but I understand Zoe filled in.  So, life is good.
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together