Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Maturity dogs

Bob heads back on the green, and there goes the Maturity dogs, one at a time. First is Georgie, then Kent, Liz, Mikie with Kobe, (now that is a Maturity Dog), and Alex, Lee, The Guz, Jeff, and at the end is Art.  Now, that is a good group of dogs.  Hard to go against the Canadian Grand Victor, but it is a different day with a different judge.  Kobe sure can move.
 
They all take a nice pass, and take it slow.  Another pass for the same group.  It is very quiet here, and 50% are absent.  Now the same dogs again.  Let's see what the crowd does with Kobe. He is in there now.  What a good looking dog.  Yes, he is well respected and is a good moving dog.  I asked Kris Fasano about showing a Canadian Grand Victor in Maturity, and she told me she is showing her Canadian Grand Victrix in Maturity.  So, I guess that is a question you face if and when it happens. I don't know what I think of that, but I remember showing my Select Two bitch in the local maturity and going second in the class.  I overheard people complaining that I even would show her.
 
Dave Rinke and Paul Johnson are standing with me now. Paul is all cleaned up, and so he no longer looks like a street person.  Not drinking Thunderbird from a brown bag helps the transition. I like the way Bob gives them a full look all the way around the ring. He is working the first group and tells them to take a pass again, five in there.  Kobe sure stands out in that group.
 
Bob now calls out the second group. Only four, but they are strong handsome dogs. Biscotti with The Guz, Merlin with Jeff, Army Soldier with Art and Horse with No Name with Liz. They take a nice pass, and for me, Biscotti stands out.  Frank Fasano came by to read what I am doing, and I do hope he gets on the board. He would be a good addition for our club.  Biscotti is starting to let up, and isn't giving what I saw in the first few passes. Joanne Corben came by, and is looking so good. She said exercise and diet. So, I offered her some candy.  Biscotti is one good looking dog stacked.
 
It is past lunch time so Zoe went to get us a sandwich to split from Kevin's coach.  Boy the Maturity dogs are impressive.  I do need to go see if my medication has arrived. I have given notice that if I go into a coma, that I should be given some insulin, but so far it hasn't affected me.  But so far it hasn't affected me. But so far it hasn't affected me.
 
Dr Rice is now here, and seems to be doing well, and now we have Sharlonna too.  They are cheering on Army Soldier.  Bob has them all lines up and walks down the line looking at each of them. He stops on each dog and gives them a good look and has his hands in his pockets and walks down to the end. Everyone seems to get the same look, and back to the front.  Bob folds his arms and looks over them all.
 
He moves Eli in front, the Kobe then High Voltgage. Those should be the ones in competition for Grand Victor in two days.  Bob stops them and then moves the rest to give them one last look. Tough competition for Maturity.  It is still Eli in front, the Kobe and High Voltage. Bob tells them Down And Back and take it easy. He is right in front of me.  There goes Kobe.  Biscotti is in fourth place now.  Only first matters and he moves High Voltage to second in front of Kobe.
 
He moves Biscotti into second, and The Guz and Kent have to fight it out, it looks like. Bob is looking them over, and he is about six feet in front of me. Great looking dogs and he sends the other four out, and have five left. Everyone is in front of me, so I have trouble seeing, but Bob is looking at heads and it can't be better than Biscotti. 
 
Bob sends them around one at a time. High Voltage, Biscotti, Horse With No Name. All great dogs.   This woke the crowd up.  I can't imagine much better dogs in Specials on Saturday.  There goes Kobe, not as much crowd support as I would expect.  He is in fifth, and Bob wants to see the first two, each in front one time. Eli and Biscotti.
 
MATURITY DOG
EJM N'EKO-LANS ELI
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together