Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Amateur Bitches and Dogs

It must be Wednesday since I am at the show.  I just heard that the open mike is getting everything that is being said, so I warned everyone.  They did the parade of clubs and now the amateur futurity, and it is show time.
 
I see Bob Dressher in the ring, and got to talk to him for just a minute. Bobbie is putting a mark in the ring to get them to pose there, and here comes Dan Smith.  Lots of people in the ring today, and everyone is ready.   Now it sounds and looks like a dog show.
 
Bob Dressher is so distinguished looking in a black suit and with that gray hair. After sitting with him at the announcer's table for twenty years or so, it seems strange to come to the national without exchanging jokes.
 
Just one dog in the first class, Amateur Futurity, two absent.  I hear The Guz behind me, but I can't see him.  The dog in the ring is Eithan.    The handler looks so serious, and I guess it is tense at the show.  The crowd gives her some cheer, and that is a first.
 
1.   ANIMUS EITHAN
 
Now Amateur Futurity Bitches.
 
Two in the class, two young girls.  I wonder how they like this ring, it is open to full and they use it all.  I see Art Sinclair at the end of the ting with a tie, so he must be showing today.  Dan talks to the ladies and walks to the center ob the ring and takes them around. Debbie Friedberg just walked by.  It makes me feel better to see the handlers breathing heavy. Dan has them stop and let them stand on a loose lead.  There is a gold circle in the center of the ring.  Eric Norby is doubling the bitch.  Eric has a new haircut, a brush cut as we used to call them, and it looks god on him. 
 
Ann Schultz came by and told me the terrible story of trying to fly out of Detroit. They insisted of 700 crate, and then the plane wouldn't take it. What a mess, and on the flight back, they can't take it either. She is not happy, but at least she is here, and so is the dog after 17 hours in a crate.
 
There go the two amateurs and Dan is looking at them from the center of the ring and watches them all the way. He is having them go past the white wall and walks over to them. He loks at them and gives them direction they are huffing and puffing, and he reverses them and off they go. Sandy Anderson jsut came by with a big smile, and Dan watches his bitches and walks over to them, If he keeps standing in the middle, it is going to be along week for him. Now, down and back.   They stand free.  Dan gives them another direction and he heads to the middle, and they take a trip one at a time.  Two bitches, and plenty of experience, maybe that is a good thing. Dan walks back over again. He is getting a workout too.
 
Dan tells the double handlers to back off, and talks to the exhausted handlers and walks back to the center.  The girls are taking a breath and I wonder how many times they can do this.  Off the one goes with some crowd support.  The whole ring and she is starting to take dee breaths, and yes the crowd likes her.  Dan walks over again and looks them over, and stands there to look and he goes over with his hands the second bitch and moves her in front of the other. The crowd likes that.  And Dan walks again to the center and they take another trip, Dan watches them and Yes, that's it.
 
1.   NORHAUS-DCTFLOATINGON AIR TEBE NOBE
2.   VAN CLEVES ANIMUS GIRL FROM IPANEMA
 
Candy Z just told me to write about her, or maybe it was right. I am not sure.  But, you heard it first here. I don't like being so isolated here, I can't talk to anyone. 
 
NOW FOR BEST AND BEST OPPOSITE FUTURITY.
 
Dan waves off the double handler for the individual. I am not sure why he is doing it again, but there it is.  Jackie Pillipant came by and it is going to be a long day.  Georgie walked by and said hello, and Bart is here in a lumberjack shirt.
 
Dan did a full exam on the dog again and now he moves to the bitch.    Bob had done the dog, so Dan did the full thing, as he should.
 
He looks them over and gives it to the dog.
The bitch got best opposite.
 
Now on to the amateur Maturity dogs and bitches.
 
Mr. Dressher is back in the ring and Bill Basu and Richard Sottille came walking by solving the problems of the world. Again, I am so sorry we don't have Kirk her for his Futurity.  Maybe I can convince the board that if I didn't show him this year, I can show him next year in the Futurity.  Anyone want to vote on that?
 
Two in there and they both look like good ones, one an all black.  Bob takes them around and he too is in the center of the ring.  They have the ring open for the futurity and it is too big for these kids.  Iliana came by, and Bob is doing the individual on the black.  I see Scottie is here and he knew to come a bit later.  Kennie Cunningham is stading watching, I see he has gooming stuff and is calling the dog.  Very subtle however.     And off he goes. Channing Sheets if off to the side waiting for the real show to start.
 
Kennie is grooming the black, so either he is just very friendly or knows the dog.  Sheryll Brocket just walked in front of me, and I saw Rodger earlier.  Bob Freeny is here and gave me a video of Big Boy, Mike and Judd running together. I can't wait to view that one.
 
Iza Kabuska was talking to me, and told me about her move. I seems strange to think of her in the South.  I see Sheri Moses with a dog, and Bob moves the second dog into first.  The kids are breathing hard, and Bob looks them over from the front and seems to be looking at feet.  And gives them directions to take a lap. They each take a deep beath and Bob walks towards them as they go by the white wall and that's it.
 
1.  KARIZMA'S IKE OF EDALE
2.  LYLOAK'S GOTH OF BIHARI
 
AMATEUR MATURITY BITCHES
 
So far only two and they take a full lap when no one is watching. Mike Cheeks is here and refuses to say anything.  He has nothing to fear from me.  Ben Bigornia is walking by and isn't dressed to show, but with him, he might be.  Carole Moore came by and is watching the crowd.  We are about ten steps down from the seats so I don't get to talk to anyone. Zoe came by to say hello and tells me what went on with her computer.  Max Thompson came by carrying the trophies. 
 
1.   TRAFALGAR'S MORNING EXPRESS
2.   DREAM COME TRUE-NORHAUS DIRTY DANCING
 
On to Best and Best Opposite.
 
My aunt who is 97 just sent me a post she is stuck in Ireland and someone stole her money and could I send her $1400 to get home.  I sent her a post to correct her syntax and spelling. My sister called me to warn me. I had it figured out, however.
 
Dan is doing his thing and had gone over the dog, so it can't be much longer.  Dave Coleman is walking by with some awards, so he is working.  Dan back brushes the dog's back and feels the bitches leg. Go figure.  He stands back, rubs his chin, and sends the dog around, there goes Ike.  And they both take off and another trip in dog land and a big ring for them. Dan is ready, walks over towards them and they come to a stop. He walks up to them and he walks up to the dog and is looking at him from the front and tells him to go down and back. She listens to Dan, and does what he says. Good move.  Only half a ring, however.  Now Dan goes to the bitch and tells her down and back too, and there she goes.  And back.
 
Dan looks them over and gives the bitch handler some instructions and she takes her in a different direction down and back. Dan looks her over and gives it to the dog.
 
NOW ON TO THE SHOW.    
 
 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together