Friday, October 15, 2010

Open Bitches

Here come the girls, here come the girls.  Hally is by helping me stay grounded.  There goes Channing running by.  The handlers are lined up and Bob is standing in the ring by himself.  Jimmie came by and said good morning. I need to be nice to him now that he is on the board. And Bob is still standing alone.
 
Here they come, Karen Wagner is checking them in.  Tom Mesdag came by to see me, and the bitches come by one at a time.  I see he divides them into two groups. Six seems like a good number.  I see Art, Scott, Jeff, and others, I can't see. The light is good, but maybe it is just me.
 
There they go as a group. Pat Ayres came by and gave me a pack of Mac-nut shortbread.  Carolyn Martello is standing next to us,and I think she might have a bitch here.  I see Julie Hamerasky is doubling and working harder than anyone else.
 
The people out side the ring are doing more work than those inside. Hally and Sharon Ivy are talking together. I love having all my friends at this table with me. They have so many things to say that I get to listen to. But, much of them are saying stuff I can't repeat.
 
Dave Coleman went by with Sharlonna, and in the ring is Tammy Sawatsky from Canada either she dropped the lead or it broke, but the dog went directly to the double handler. I don't think I have seen so much doubling going on, and so many temperament problem, for a National.  Dave Lasater came by and he can't stop grinning.
 
Pat Ayes is here with us now, how much better can it get?
 
There goes Art with a crowd favorite Spirit. And Scottie is out there with a very good looking male.  Bob does a real loose lead test. There is a paint spot in the middle of the ring, and they all have to stand and not pull away.   Michel just got here and missed the whole Dog class.  Boy the crowd likes Scottie with Lew Bunch's bitch Capri.  She is something special. 
 
Laurie Bellah is out there and she got a new hair cut. It is a good one. Also she has a handsome dog and he seems to ignore Bob.  Another crowd favorite, Shake Rattle and Roll.  Now Jeff with You Had Me At Wow.  This is a Samurai daughter. We have a Samurai daughter at home with 14 points and both majors. The dam of Kirk. It is all about me.
Twyla checked with Liz to see that I was right.  YES!  She is a Samurai daughter. My day is complete.
 
Now Shak'n Not Str'd with Laura Bellah's son Lee.  Laura looks too young and side by side they look the same age.  That depresses me when I look in a mirror.  Things are moving fast, and we are going to be done early with judging.  Adele Hyson just asked for information about lunch, and I have no idea about anything. It is fun to tell people that, and see how disapointed they are to find out I know nothing about everything.
 
Still on the first group and Bob sends them over and brings out the rest, Bill Basu, George, Kent, Genereaux, the Mike and Liz Oster.  Twyla just reminded me that I am older than her. Actually I am older than most, I am six days older than her. That is how exciting it has been so far.  Richard Sottille just walked by and so did Donna.  Bill Basu is there Maya.  Teeth, tail and he is not testing testicles.  Good move Bob.
 
I did see Jamie this morning and she looked cold, but it is starting to warm up now. Not so many double handlers right now. Both Bob and Dan had discouraged double handling on the individual. I think people want to make sure it doesn't appear to be a temperament problem.
 
George has Thriller and I like the look on her. She poses so perfectly and he sure can pose a bitch.  Ray Johnson is talking to us and reminding Twyla how far back they go.  Ray asked about Vivian, and we told him she is getting better. 
 
Kent has Ariel and what a good looking bitch.  Kent gives her the fulllead and she is very smooth, and should have gotten more applause.
 
Now an all black owned by Sandy Anderson.  I see Lew Bunch talking to The Guz, and now Scottie joins them.  The crowd likes the black bitch and she makes quite an outline against the white wall.
 
Mike is out there with Aquilla, another Aries offspring. Lots of that going around.  Al Martin came by with an almost all black, and just a patch of white on the chest. Now Liz with Savanna, an Army daughter.  I think she has been in the ring before, every step is a pose.
 
Bob has the six lined up and off they go, for a pass, and a last chance for this class at least.  It hard to go any faster, but with the wall as it is, you can see them.  And back to the wall they go, and out comes the first group.  Bob tells them something and now comes out to work with his first six.
 
Now we are inundated with double handlers and I can't see much but off they go on a sprint.  Everyone leaves lots of room so for six to make a pass is about 20 seconds. Some with a short lead, and some all the way out. Bob walks to them and moves Art in front with Spirit, then Scott with Capri, then Shake Rattle and Roll and You Had Me at Wow.
 
He brings out the second group, and I think he will be picking some and yes, he puts George in front of that group, Ariel and Aquila, and then there were seven and off they go, with Art in front, not in order still as they came in.  I suspect those are the keepers.
 
They stop and Bob walks over to them with a look of concern on his face and tells them to stand off .
 
What a thrill.  Barbara Amidon came by and is sitting with me. She looks fantastic and is going to do a great job, I just know.  She is dressed all in black but I don't see a whip. She is being mobbed by everyone.  The outfit is by Beyonce.
 
Back to the show.  In front is You Had Me At Wow, then Ariel, Aquilla, and then Thriller. The crowd is loud more than any other time and Bob has his arms crossed, but he isn't done yet, and walks over to them and he says something to the last three to see who gets Best Of Dump.  Four standing in front of me, and they are all stacking with Jeff still in front and Kent, then Mike and George, with bitches on the leads.
 
Bob stands in front of me and has them go down and back.  Even Jimie is here to help Kent with his bitch.  The crowd is tying to influence the judge with yells, I don't think Bob is impressed.  Those sure are pretty bitches.
 
Bob tells them, one at a time. I am watching and listening to Barbara, and there they go. Lots of tension, more than the dogs, Jeff gives her a full 12 foot lead, now Kent, and he wants it, I can tell, and the crowd would give it to him.  No changes.
 
Now there goes Mike and another crowd favorite, slower, and a real beauty.  Bob watches her and moves her to first.  It's Aqulla in ere ty go and YES, that's it.
 
1.  WOLF CREEK AQUILLA OF MERIVERN
2.  DONSTA'S YOU HAD ME AT WOW
3.  TAZZMAN'S ARIEL
4.  KNAUFHILLS THRILLER V KENLYN
 
It is fun to listen to Twyla on one side and Barbara on the other. But, Twyla is leaving.
 

 
 
Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds 
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come  together